Lab18@HP is a specialist Science area where children observe, experience, investigate and explore the ideas they are enquiring in a scientific way. The children safely utilise the excellent resources available to them in the lab to design experiments, test their hypotheses and develop their understanding of key scientific ideas.
Our Vision for Science
We want our children to explore, engage and experience science in an investigative way that stimulates curiosity and wonder in the world around us.
- We explore in a practical way and understand that ‘science is everywhere’.
- We plan and lead our own investigations.
- We learn in a stimulating scientific environment which includes a range of scientific equipment, including technology and the outdoors.
- We work collaboratively and use scientific vocabulary to discuss our ideas.
- We ask questions which inspire ‘awe and wonder’.
Enquiry based learning is at the forefront of Science at Hargrave Park.
The children learn to develop their knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas, processes and skills and relate these to everyday experiences. Investigative lessons stimulate curiosity and wonder in the world around us.
Children use the working scientifically targets in every science lesson.
Science lessons at Hargrave Park will inspire our children to want to learn more about how the world around them works. They will be encouraged to be curious about the world, asking questions and finding answers using a range of systematic approaches.